Table of contents
Blonde is an all time favorite, with the color shades drifting steadily across the spectrum from warm to cool tones. From platinum to ashy, golden to honey, the shades of blondes have always had their moment. Blonde colors have found their place everywhere, especially on Pinterest mood boards. Slightly married to the neutral tone, sandy blonde hair color is the latest shade likely to trend.
An all-season classic, here are some sandy blonde inspiration to crush on. We've covered you, from fresh hair color ideas to maintenance tips!Also Read - Hazelnut Hair Color Ideas
Sandy Blonde Color Ideas – What's Hot?
A sandy blonde color leans towards a beige-toned shade and balances between warm and cool tones. Almost similar to the color of sand, the exact shade varies depending on if the hue is lighter or darker. Sandy blonde is more natural looking, with golden highlights that add depth. Amidst the winter canvas, the hues of sandy blonde bring a gorgeous transformation. Before you book your next salon appointment, get inspired by these wonderful sandy blonde hair color ideas.Also Read - Hair Color Chart
Sandy Blonde layers
Fan of Racheal from friends? Why not get yourself the much-coveted straight and layered haircut teamed with stunning beige hues of sandy blonde. The pale shade looks flattering on all skin complexions. Keep it subtle and sophisticated by wearing a nude lip color, or get that extra oomph using rich-colored crème lipstick.
Sandy blonde balayage
The combination of sandy blonde balayage on dark hair gives the right amount of contrast and eccentricity. Color the hair roots in dark hue while bringing down the balayage from the mid-section to the ends. Add loose and beach waves to elevate your style. Whether you wear smart casuals or dig into that bohemian wardrobe, level up your fashion with the hairstyle.
Sandy blonde lowlights
If balayage or ombre is not your cup of tea, here is a sandy blonde hair color idea you might like. Lowlight is a hair coloring technique that adds contrast by adding a slightly deeper and darker hue to the existing color. Sandy blonde lowlights give the right amount of dimension and depth to the lighter blonde or natural color. Give your hair texture and contrast by adding shades of sandy blonde.
Light Sandy Blonde Hair
This veers towards the cooler tone but gives your hair the lightest pop of blonde. Opt for soft waves or braided hair with the hair color to accentuate the light sandy blonde highlights, balayage, or ombre. The muted beige hue creates a gold base and exudes an excellent shade. The lighter hue complements fair skin tone and enhances the cooler undertones.
Sandy Blonde Root Melt
Try the sandy blonde root melt technique for a soft, natural, and blended look. This technique pulls the darker shades down gradually to remove harsh lines. Sandy blonde root melt starts with applying the color close to the roots and gradually blends towards the ends. Highlights or balayage along the hair length helps with the subtle transition.
Sandy Silver Blonde
Give your hair a wholesome transformation as you club together two cooler tones – silver and sandy blonde. Classic and elegant, the silver hues sandwiched with sandy blonde hair color are the perfect way to lighten the warm tones without going full-on platinum or gray. Consider going for wavy and naturally looking curls with color for a minimalistic yet gorgeous look. Give your tresses a fuller look.
What to consider before getting a sandy blonde hair color?
Sandy blonde looks good on everyone, but choosing the right hue and shade brings out the best. Although it falls under a single umbrella, light and dark sandy blonde colors vary in shades. Here's what you need to know before opting for the hair color:
- Skin tone and undertone – The beige blonde color shade falls in the neutral spectrum. The color is pale and muted, so it flatters a fair-skinned complexion with pink undertones. Light sandy blonde hair color on deep skin tone gives a loud contrast and hence not really the first choice for darker skin tones.
- Hairstyle and technique – Make sure to look for sandy blonde hair color ideas before booking a salon appointment. From balayage, ombre, highlights, etc. techniques to choosing lighter or darker shades or a combination, take inspiration.
- Pre-lighten if needed – As sandy blonde is a lighter shade, you might have to pre-lighten the darker locks first. Consult an expert hair colorist to know more about pre-lightening strands for efficient blonde color absorption.
Maintaining the sandy blonde hair color
You will be happy to know that sandy blonde is low-maintenance and does not demand an exhaustive haircare regime. Here are a few ways to prolong and maintain the salon-fresh color:
- Use color-safe products – There is a reason color-protectant shampoos and conditioners are formulated. Color-safe products keep the sandy blonde hair color salon fresh. We recommend trying Moehair Color Alive Shampoo and Color Alive Conditioner. Wash your hair with a purple shampoo every two weeks to neutralize unwanted brassy tones. You can try Moehair Silver Vibrant Shampoo.
- Limit sun or heat exposure – Direct exposure to sun oxidizes the hair color and fades it prematurely. The UV rays damage the cuticle after prolonged sun exposure. Use a sun spray to protect hair, or wear a hat before stepping out under sunlight. Avoid washing your hair with hot water, which might strip off the natural oil and reduce dryness.
- Add heat protectant spray – While we recommend minimizing heat styling tools, it is not entirely avoidable. Don't forget to spray heat protectant before using a flat iron or curler to protect hair. We recommended Moehair Thermal Shield Spray.
- Root touch-ups - You might be required to visit the salon as touch-ups are essential to keep your tresses gorgeous and salon-fresh. The blonde color might lose its natural beige hue as it becomes brassy over time. Touch-up eliminates yellow or orange brassy tones.
- Weekly deep conditioning – Hair coloring might dry out your hair strands depending on the existing hair type and texture. Restore the softness and remove brittle, coarse hair weekly using an ultra-hydrating and moisturizing deep hair mask.
Now that you are acquainted with the sandy blonde hair color ideas and tips for maintenance, why not steal a change by getting a blonde transformation? Try Moehair Sandy Blonde Hair Color or Light Sandy Blonde Hair Color. Crafted with safe ingredients and infused with keratin and natural oil, the color illuminates your hair and clubs the perfect change.