Table of contents
Every now and then, your scalp demands a complete detox to eliminate buildup, impurities, grease, and dirt. As a result, it unclogs pores, boosts follicular health, and helps with better hair growth. In simple terms, like your skin loves its occasional dose of exfoliation, so does your scalp. While a regular shampoo helps clean off surface pollutants, deep cleansing requires something extra like a deep cleansing shampoo.
Give your hair and scalp a clean slate and a fresh restart using the specially formulated clarifying shampoo. But, how does it differ from a regular shampoo? How often can you use the deep scalp cleanser? Is there anything you need to consider before use? We break even with all these questions in the blog and decode the product for all.
What is a clarifying shampoo?
The best clarifying shampoo is a deep-cleansing product that helps unclog pores, removes residual accumulation, and degreases hair. Frequent use of styling products and exposure to chlorine and other minerals in hard water compromises with overall hair health. Over time, if the buildup is not cleaned, it might lead to scalp infection. This is where the clarifying cleansers differ from a regular shampoo with its ability to remove residual products and remnants like minerals.Also Read - Tips to use a dry shampoo
What are the benefits of using a clarifying shampoo?Although it is not a regular-use shampoo, using a purifying shampoo once a month ensures thorough cleansing. Here are some of the benefits of the product:
- Eliminates residual buildup – Use of hair products often leads to the accumulation of scalp buildup. This clogs pore, hinders growth, and even makes scalp prone to infection. A clarifying shampoo deep cleanses, removes flakiness, and buildup.
- Degreases hair – Exposure to external aggressors like dirt, dust, and oil makes hair greasy and weighs it down. The best clarifying shampoo thoroughly cleanses hair and removes dust and dirt from the hair strands.
- Removes green tint from chlorine – For frequent swimmers, it is not uncommon to find a green tint on hair due to chlorine deposit. Left unchecked, it might potentially damage hair. The deep cleansing clarifying shampoo helps eliminate chlorine deposit.
- Prepares hair for treatments – Be it keratin treatment, hair coloring, or any other chemical treatments, the efficacy improves on clean hair. Hence, it acts as a detox shampoo, thoroughly cleansing the scalp and hair. As a result, it prepares hair for various chemical treatments.
Who is the cleansing shampoo formulated for?Everyone can use the scalp cleansing shampoo, but it's especially formulated for the following individuals:
- Extensive use of hair styling products like gel, blow cream, hair butter, hair sprays, etc. It tends to accumulate on the scalp and leaves residues.
- Swimmers and for people who frequently take a dip in the swimming pool. Due to the presence of chlorine in the pool, its deposit on hair creates a green hue.
- Constant exposure to dirt and dust, and for people commuting through polluted areas. It is a highly recommended product for thoroughly eliminating dirt and dust.
- The hair clarifying shampoo is also formulated for people who opt for chemical treatments like keratin, cysteine, hair botox, etc. As it deeply cleanses, it is used before the treatment to improve its efficiency.
- If you want to give your scalp and hair a clean slate and start fresh, it is recommended to use the shampoo once a month.
What makes a clarifying shampoo different from a regular shampoo?
Clarifying washes are much more powerful than the regular ones. The former acts as deep exfoliators, whereas regular shampoos are meant for gentle cleansing. Despite thorough washing, the regular shampoo only removes surface dust, dirt, and oil and is unable to remove stubborn particles clinging to the strands. This is where the best clarifying shampoo offers a deep cleansing therapy and washes off any traces of residual products. Also, as clarifying shampoos contain harsh surfactants, they are not recommended for regular use.
How to use the clarifying shampoo?Using a deep cleansing clarifying shampoo is similar to a regular shampoo. However, it only differs in terms of its usage frequency.
- Take a generous amount of clarifying shampoo on your palm. Apply on wet hair, starting from the roots to the tips.
- Gently massage the roots to remove residual buildup from the scalp. Also, massage along the hair length to degrease and remove dirt and dust.
- Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes before washing off. Rinse thoroughly with cold or lukewarm water.
- As clarifying shampoo may dry hair strands, following up with an ultra-hydrating and deep-conditioning hair mask is best. This restores moisture and softens hair.
Note : While you can use a clarifying shampoo at home, it is best to seek professional guidance. Also, depending on the buildup, grease, and oil on the hair, the shampoo might lather less.
We recommend using Moehair Clarifying Shampoo for deep hair cleansing. It's one of the best scalp cleansing shampoo , salon-grade and professional products formulated for intense clean-up.
How often do you use the clarifying shampoo?
Be careful not to treat a clarifying or detox shampoo as a shampoo for regular use. The frequency of use depends on your hair type and how often it encounters external aggressors. If you use too many styling products, are exposed to pollutants, or are a frequent swimmer, it's recommended to use the shampoo at least once a month. However, it is advised to use the shampoo before chemical treatments to improve the results.
Is it an in-salon or at-home use product?
This is a burning question that needs some addressing. Depending on the formulation, you can use the shampoo both at-home and in-salon. Read the labels, and if it says it is strictly for professional use, it's meant for in-salon use. However, milder formulations with the ultimate motive of scalp and hair detoxification can be used at home. The best clarifying shampoo , no matter where it is used, aims to give your scalp a clean slate.
Precautions to consider before using a clarifying shampooAs it is a specially formulated shampoo, it does come with its set of precautions. Here are a few things to keep in mind while using a clarifying and deep cleansing shampoo :
- While using the shampoo, it is best to consult a stylist and only use a professional product. This helps in making the best of the shampoo without damaging your hair.
- It's not meant for daily use. Use the product only once or, at the max, twice a month.
- Do not use clarifying shampoo on freshly colored hair as it might pre-maturely cause fading of the color.
- Always use a hydrating hair mask or conditioner after using the shampoo. This helps replenish moisture and restore softness.
- Limit the use of the shampoo if you have extremely dry hair, as it might strip off the oil and further cause damage.
Now that you know all about clarifying shampoo and how it differs from regular ones, you should reset your scalp. Refresh, rejuvenate, and intensely clean your hair with deep cleansing therapy. Get yourself the best clarifying shampoo for wholesome cleansing of scalp, hair, and ensure unhindered hair health.