The Types of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information from you when you contact us or when you register for an account, make a purchase, place an order, or sign up to receive news and promotions at the Site. In general, we collect the following type of information about customers:
Account Registration Information. Users may, but are not required to, create a Site account when they make a purchase through the Site. When you sign up for an account with us, we collect and store your first and last name, e-mail address, password, mailing address, phone number and other contact information.
We also may collect and store other optional information from you, such as your birthday, gender, information about your preferences or interests, demographic information, and credit card billing information.
Email Contact Information. You may sign up to receive periodic emails from us about our products, promotions and services. When you do so, we will ask you to provide your email address. You also may, but are not required to, provide information about you so that we can develop a profile that will allow us to tailor our communications with you.
Purchase Information. If you make a purchase through the Site, we collect your shipping and payment information, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date and other information necessary to process your payment and fulfill your order. We use this information only to process your purchase. We do not store your credit card billing information unless you are a registered user and you choose to save this information to your account for future purchases.
Order History. When you make purchases from us, we collect and store information about your order history, such as order date, order amount, items purchased, payment method, shipping information and the like.
Other Information. We also collect and store information about any inquiries or communications you submit to us, and any promotions in which you participate at our Site. In addition, we collect your e-mail address and name if you sign up to receive information about latest deals, promotions and information from Moehair. In addition, we may receive other aggregate, demographic information about our customers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we use the information we collect from you, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
• To process and fulfill your order, including to send you e-mails to confirm your order status and shipment or to otherwise communicate with you about your order
• To communicate with you about your account
• You may have opted in to receive email communications from us about our products, services, contests, and promotions, and we will use contact information you have provided to send those communications. In addition, we may use contact and other information you provide to send you email communications on these subjects from time to time. In either instance, you may clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the email to opt out of future email communications.
• To help us learn more about your shopping preferences, to develop and provide products and services tailored to your interests and to otherwise personalize your experiences at our Site
• To better understand how users access and use our Site
• To provide troubleshooting, technical support and customer service to users
• To help us address problems with and improve our Site design, products and services
• To enhance your shopping experience
• To analyze trends and statistics and for research purposes
• To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, unless we receive your consent; however, we may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that perform functions on your behalf. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information and to only use it for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
• Legal Process. We may also disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
Accessing and Updating Your Account Information
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies. When you come to the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies. In addition, we may permit certain third party cookies to be placed on our Site.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, store the items you have added to your shopping cart and verify your identity, after you have logged in as you move through our Site.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in the future and you may be able to use other “Do Not Track” browser settings. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies altogether or how to alter the browser’s setting to disable user tracking. Site visitors who disable their web browser’s ability to accept cookies or alter user tracking will be able to browse the Site; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart, may not function if you disable cookies.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze Site data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. We currently utilize a third party service provider to collect, analyze, and generate reports on Site usage. The third party service provider may use clear gifs to gather analytics data about our Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
We want the information that you submit to us to be secure. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site and Services, as well as the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, when you submit your credit card number or personal information to us online, that information is encrypted and protected with SSL technology, the current industry-standard protocol. We have also implemented access controls to safeguard against unauthorized access to our information systems. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security all of the time. It is possible that the security of your information may be compromised for reasons beyond our control to prevent or foresee, and you should consider the fact that no electronic communication can be guaranteed to be secure in communicating with us.
There are also certain steps you should take to safeguard your account and information. For example, you should select a secure password that only you know, and should always sign out of your account when finished. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You should immediately change your password and notify us if you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your account.
Our Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, or target our Site to, children under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, if we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove it from our systems immediately.